Week 6 "Au Revoir MTC..."

September 9, 2016
My MTC District

I leave in twoooooo dayssssss. Akljdslkfjnvkldj KJ Fi9384yu idhafkjhkfja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to fly off to France on Monday! I am ready to not eat cafeteria food from the MTC anymore. I am ready to buy a baguette with some moldy regional cheese! I can't wait to find out the first area I will serve in. I had a dream my first area was Annecy or Anise or something. Or somewhere on the southern tip. We'll see if that dream comes true. 
Soeur Cochain!!! She left for Temple Square mission this week. She is from Paris but served in Lyon for 4 months waiting for her visa before this. I love her and she is the jolliest French person i've ever met.

This week I felt a little discouraged with the language. I haven't felt that way a ton. But this week I did. And I know I'll feel that way in France in the beginning. My french teacher wrote 4 peoples names on the board. Those 4 people had to teach solo lessons in French. I was one of those people. I felt a little down on myself because I felt like the 4 people he picked were the people who didn't speak as much French and spoke less in lessons. The solo lesson forced me to really listen and try and speak as much french as I could. Sigh. I know the language will come. Preach my gospel says, "Powerful testimony is not dependent on eloquence or the volume of your voice but on the conviction of your heart." I know this to be true. I will bear testimony and try my hardest to help people in France come unto Christ even if I speak the worst French ever. There are a lot of people in this world who can speak French well. But not a lot of people in the is world who can testify with all the conviction of their heart that they KNOW Jesus Christ loves them. That God is our father and can help us if we choose to turn to him. That the Book of Mormon is the word of God and can give us personal revelation if we study it. I have a testimony. I am constantly being converted to the Lord. And that's why I'm on a mission. Jesus Christ is REAL. He LIVES!

Frère Kellett's last day with us! (our French teacher)

This week I came across the word "born again" in Mosiah 27:25. I decided to study it because I didn't understand fully what it meant. I decided being "born again" meant to be converted. Conversion is a change of heart. "Turn ye even to me with ALL your heart." Turn your desires around. Turn your thoughts and actions to me. Turning takes PHYSICAL work. It isn't just like "ehh... I'll just glance at Christ with my eyes." NO. The scriptures say TURN. That takes effort. Repentance takes effort. Changes takes effort. But when we TURN to Christ ( not just our actions but our thoughts and desires)... he can lead and mold us into something soooo beautiful. I know that because I'm experiencing it. There I things that I need to try and change every day. But repentance feels so good. Repentance is literally improvement. It's changing for the better. Who wouldn't want that?? This week, Todd D. Christofferson said "when you testify of repentance, you testify of the Savior." THAT is WHY as missionaries we preach repentance. Because it turns people to the Savior and allows them to rely on him.

For me, conversion is tasting of God's goodness. Receiving a witness from the holy ghost that it is true. (So you KNOW what you felt/ experienced was right and REAL). And because of that, choosing to follow Christ and be baptized. Being spiritually reborn. Becoming someone NEW and leaving behind the old habits, mistakes, state of mind... and from there- continuing in the faith. Enduring to the end. And sharing that sweet joy and knowledge with others who don't have it/ need it. Conversion is a cycle. It is a life long process. In fact- conversion is just like the missionary purpose. Faith, repentance, baptism (continue taking the sacrament each week, and improving), gift of the Holy Ghost (strive to always have it), and enduring to the end. THIS is how we change, improve, and progress. THIS is how we become like Christ. 
The Elders all wearing matching ties


Todd D. Christofferson came and spoke to us this week. As a choir, we sang "Sweet Hour of Prayer" and it was so powerful.  

 " And since he bids me seek his face,
Believe his word, and trust his grace,
I'll cast on him my ev'ry care
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!"

He talked about how testifying of repentance is testifying of Jesus Christ. Giving people access to the atonement. A chance to feel free and improve. When we repent- we feel of Jesus Christ's love and grace. He also said, "it is greater to be trusted than loved." And at first I didn't really understand that. But when you trust someone, you also love them. But giving someone your trust is so vulnerable. God loves ALL his children, but he doesn't trust all of them. It made me think, "Does God trust me? Can he trust me to keep my word and be a servant of his?" I sure hope so. I just loved hearing Elder Christofferson speak. I felt so at peace. He wasn't condescending or too in your face. He was just gentle but still powerful. He has so much wisdom. Elder Christofferson is a real apostle of the Lord. He is a good man. I felt truth when he testified. I felt a feeling of peace. 
My cutest friend Brittany. I was best buddies with her last year.
 She does dishes at the MTC.


Funnies:
- The other day Soeur Goold and I were sitting in the classroom with 2 other elders. I was trying to show them my botox face ...I gave them a very good laugh.  My companion may or may not have wet her pants in the process of this commotion. HAHAHAHAH. 
- An elder in our district (also not to be named) had a "revelatory" dream. And let's just say that now he thinks my companion my be his future wife. 
Our celebration party. I put easy cheese on a slim jim and ate it. ha!!! We are getting our last fill of processed American food.



I have absolutely loved the MTC. I have learned so much here. I have loved my teacher, Frère Kellett. He has given me so much good advice. But I am so excited for the REAL DEAL. I can't wait to embrace yet ANOTHER new adventure. I leave at 11:00 am Monday morning to Virginia... then Paris... then LYON! The next time you hear from me I may be wearing a beret, eating a baguette, and playing the accordion! Ha jk. I'm gonna be preaching the gospel!!!!!!!!!! 
Bunt cake from Sister Pistole! Celebration!


Bon Voyage! Je t'aime beaucoup! Love, Soeur Jones 







No comments

Back to Top