Week 58 "Surprising Soeur Brown "


I am thoroughly convinced that being grateful and serving others is the cure to sadness. I am not always the best at it. But when I am serving others and thinking about how I can help someone else... I am so much happier. I know that Jesus Christ is the perfect example of service. I want to serve like he did.

Exchange with Soeur Gruse


This week we had tri zone conference. Soeur Cusick and I did lunch for 80 people. Some highlights of Zone Conference: We sang a musical number "Dear to the Heart of the Shepard." The harmonies were so simple and beautiful!

 We had an interview with President Brown and we were able to see tons of missionaries! Also, President invited us to do a challenge and contact everyone! He challenged us to raise our expectations and raise the bar. I have been trying so hard to talk to people everyone I go. Sometimes it is soooo scary. But I am a lot happier following the spirit and just trying to share the gospel. We have talked to so many people these past few days and have seen amazing miracles from it.

Some funnies:
-We went to samedi sportif football (soccer) and played with the Elders, some members, and amis. Soeur Cusick and I pranced around the whole time and just kept screaming "ooops sorry!!" "Oops missed the ball. Sorry next time" hahahaha seriously, we tired.


-Soeur Cusick and I RAN into each other while playing soccer and we just fell to the grass on top of each other laughing so hard/ in a lot of pain. I scraped off her tanning lotion she had put on that morning!!!! 😂

-We went to Soeur Browns this morning to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. I got in a garbage sack to yell surprise (cause I thought everyone else was too). But turns out it was only me. So I just sat on the porch in a garbage sack and Soeur Brown opened the door and laughed so hard.

Vieux Lyon... One of the prettiest places I have seen in France!


Update on some amis:
We saw the dad and his son this week. 
 We went with "L", the recent convert who referred them to us, to teach them. The Dad had just woken up from a nap and smoked the entire lesson. But we watched "he lives" and talked about the reality of repentance, forgiveness, and starting over. Lucie shared her sincere testimony about how her baptism really was like a "new life." We have another
RDV with them this week so I hope that they will be interested in the gospel!


I almost died my hair this color today. I tried Soeur Merrils hair on my head twice this week. But then I didn't. So ur welcome mom:)


The other week, I was on a bus and I had just talked to an old couple who were nice, but not interested in the gospel. There was another man over hearing our conversation. The old couple got off the bus and the spirit prompted me to talk with the man who had over heard the conversation. I kind of didn't want to but really felt that I needed to. So I did. 

Turns out, that man, "N" had talked to missionaries before but it had been years since he last saw them. We ended up exchanging numbers and he said we could come visit him. We felt it was better to have elders teach him so I gave his number to the assistants. Well, these past two weeks he has come to church and will be getting baptized in October. 

Like.... woah! I would never have imagined all this happening 1 month ago when we talked on the bus. It is a reminder to me that the spirit leads us to do things we don't always know why. But we do it and we trust. We exercise our faith. Following the spirit requires faith.

About 2 1/2 months ago I contacted a young girl and her mom and younger sister on a bus. They are from Guadalupe. The young girl, "O" was going into nursing like me so we were so excited to talk to each other. I texted her after that but then we lost contact and I thought it just kind of died down. Well the other week I saw her mom and little sister again on the bus! We were finally able to go out there to their house and we had a lesson with the mom this afternoon.

The message of the gospel really is a lesson of hope. I am grateful I get to spread such a good message with other people. I love telling people about who Jesus Christ is and how much he means to me. The mom, is progressing soooooo well. She has her baptismal date fixed for October. But even more than that, she has come to church these past 2 weeks in a row! And she is so determined to progress and change. She reminds me a lot of my aunt Ginny and my
mom. She is seriously so sensitive to the spirit. She is selfless and always does everything for everyone. She is humble. I told her she reminds me of my mom and she had tears in her eyes. I love watching people make small changes in their life. I love watching people grow and progress.


Love, 
Abigail


Juliette is moving and Atrid too.....soooo sad!!Astrid is the cutest baby!!

No comments

Back to Top