Week 23 "TRANSFER TO MONTPELLIER"





Big news!! I am being transferred to Montpellier. This letter won't be the best this week because transfer days are a little crazy. But this week has been full of goodbyes and lots of tears. Sarah Shimales, Clémence Carbonne, Kevin, Elton, Donna, the Da Silveiras. AHHHHH my heart hurts. But at the same time, I am ready for a change and so excited for Montpellier.

Saying Goodbye to people I love in Nice!!!






This week has been full of tender moments. Saturday night we ate Donna's with our zone leaders. We laughed and talked and ate delicious spaghetti. 

Sunday night we ate at Kevin's. Ohhhhh Kevin. We drank piña coladas and ching chinged our glasses and talked about the gospel. We also ate a galette de Roi and I found the fève which meant I was the queen.


 Oh my goodness. These people have literally changed my life. I am going to miss Nice sooooo much. The ward here is something so special. It is the most beautiful place in the world too. I can't believe the time has already come for me to go my way and leave my birth ville of Nice.

Montpellier is a giant student town with tons of young people. They also have really fun colorfully designed trams. My new companion is Soeur Thompson. She is from Missouri. Pretty chill, natural, very real, hard working. I feel really lucky to have her. I have awesome zone leaders and I have heard the people here are also wonderful.


 
got to Montpellier a couple hours ago and change is seriously so exciting for me.  I see all these new missionaries I have never worked with and I can't wait to get to know more.

Every missionary I tell that I served in Nice just goes, "ahhhhhh no wayyyy. You are so spoiled. You served in the promise land." And Nice truly is something so special. But I also want to just love where I am now too. I will love the people here in Montpellier. My goal this transfer is to be present and work hard. Happiness is a choice. And I am choosing to be happy.

My new companion Soeur Thompson from Missouri


The gospel is simple. Life is complicated and overwhelming. The gospel simplifies things and helps us remember what is most important. I know that the Lord knows me. I trust him. I trust his love. I know who I am. I know that Jesus is my savior. I am so grateful I get to preach about his life and testify of his love. I don't know exactly what this transfer will bring and who I will meet... but I know there are amazing experiences and people waiting for me just around the corner.

Love, Soeur Jones

Ps. Sorry I can't reply to personal emails today:) I'll catch up with you next week!


Here is a beautiful video Abby sent after her pday last week. She and her companion and other Elders hiked the coast overlooking Monaco.  To end her pday, they had a miracle lesson that evening.  The woman they were teaching wants to be baptized!! What a way to finish her week in Nice!




No comments

Back to Top