Week 24 "Montpellier"


This week has been interesting. I got my my new companion, Soeur Thompson, she is in her 9th transfer. It has been really hard leaving Nice and being in a new area. We got to our new apartment and it was a wreck. There were earwigs crawling around in the bathroom and in the fridge I found bowls of old cream and food sooo moldy. Just mold spilling out all over. So we spent some good time cleaning the apartment building. I felt a lot better after our apartment was clean. 

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father who has been with me every step of this mission. Each ville I leave different people behind, but my Heavenly Father is my loyal companion and I am so grateful for him. Yesterday night I just poured out my heart to him as a said my prayers. And I heard his gentle voice telling me, yes I am still here. And asking me, do you STILL trust me? 

This morning I read a scripture that gave me a lot of comfort. 
3 Nephi 13:28-34
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.
I have such a testimony of personal revelation. I know the Holy Ghost gives me the comfort and the guidance I need. And HOW I need it. In the way Abby Jones needs it. I read the scriptures this morning and felt so close to my Savior. I know that even though I may be having a difficult time right now, I know because of the atonement... I can press forward. The Holy Ghost tells me line upon line how I can improve. He tells me to say sorry more. To not be critical of my comp and to look for the best in her. He tells me through the scriptures to love and pray for those who I don't get along so great with. I am really recognizing how the spirit speaks to me. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost. 

Me and My New Companion Soeur Thomson

Soeur Thompson makes really good curry and zucchini !


I will tell you that the work here seems really amazing though. There are students allll over the place. It is exciting and also less glitzy than good ol Nice. There are 4 main trams that can basically take you all over Montpellier. They are decorated really fun with flowers and birds and stuff so that's fun. Each tram has a different theme. I still need to wear my coat around and even though I'm pretty close to the ocean, I can't see the ocean. But ça va... i was way to spoiled in Nice. The members here are really cool too. I am trying to talk to them at church and stuff and not hold back. But I also know I just need to be patient and give it some time. 

New Zone Leaders: Elder Osborn and Elder Nelson....both super cool!


I saw this African lady with two small children get off the tram the other night. I thought... ahhh I want to talk to her so bad. But then she walked off. As we were waiting for our next tram, I felt someone small bump into me. And it was her 5 year old son trying to walk backwards. Haha! I saw the African woman again and she apologized for her kid bumping into me. But I laughed, told her it was fine, and started taking to her. We both got on the tram and she told us she loves the word of God. We were like... SWEET we love the word of God too. She gave us her number and we are meeting her this Saturday! Cool miracle. We also have our amis, Christine and Favour we are working with so that has been fun to meet with some progressing amis. 

Thank you for your love my dear family. I love you so much. 
Love, Soeur Jones 

Just Stress eating....... Also I love my new planner with President and Sour Brown on it.

No comments

Back to Top