Week 26 "Tender Mercies"


This week I saw so many miracles and tender mercies.

Exchange in Aix en Provence with Soeur Razduel. She is so rad.

First of... do you remember Veronique, Daniel's girlfriend? The girl we taught in Nice but she lived in Toulon? Well the Toulon Elders have been teaching her and she has set a date to get baptized the end of February!!!! I am so so happy for her. I don't think I ever told you about this one night we had with her in Nice. But we ended up having a FHE with her and Daniel one night. We watched the Restoration video and when we asked her what she thought about it after she said she knew Joseph Smith was a true prophet. She also has been reading the Book of Mormon over the phone with Daniel. In the lesson, it was so sweet. Because she and Daniel looked at each other and he said, "I am sure you can probably guess this, but our goal is a celestial marriage in the temple." Such a precious moment. And now she is getting baptized and I am so happy for her and Daniel!!!!
This week I had an identity crisis. Because my companion and I have really different personalities, I have been questioning if who I am is what I should be. My funny, weirdo, expressive, happy, optimistic personality. Sometimes it appears as if my comp is bugged by that. So I got really down on myself this week and wondered if maybe I shouldn't be that. But we talked about it and I realized that we are just different. And it is okay to be different. Still though, I was feeling down on myself. I prayed and asked Heavenly Father what I should do and who I should be? I felt his soft response,  "I am the one who created you." I prayed and asked my Heavenly Father to help me out and give me some encouragement. Just a few hours later, I received an email from Ken Keller with the kindest message. Literally exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. After reading that, I knew that I shouldn't change the personality God gave me.
Then, the next day, we went to check our mail box (which we do not always do). I opened it up to find a Valentine's package from Alyson Chard. In the package included a letter, reminding me of my talents and gifts that are unique to me. The letter was only 3 sentences long. So simple and so sincere. But exactly EXACTLY what I needed to hear. It was as if Heavenly Father took me in his arms and told me those words. I felt such a confirmation that Heavenly Father loves me and is so aware of what I need. He LOVES me. He wants me to feel of that love. 
There is a quote by Spencer W. Kimball that says, 
"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other."


This quote made me think of the people who have been an answer to my prayers this week. I am so grateful that these people were in tune with the spirit and followed the spirit. Even if they didn't know in the moment how big of an impact these simple things they did would have on me. I know that God is aware of us. He knows what we need. He knows how to comfort us. When we pray and ask for his help, and then LOOK for his hand and his tender mercies, we see and feel of his love and care for us. 
I also received a letter from my Grandma Gayle and letters from the Hughes Family. I felt an outpouring of love this week from family and friends. 

Valentines from Grandma Gayle


The Hughes family sent me  package with letters...it had been a delayed Christmas package and seriously made my whole night!!

We saw so many miracles this week. Just to list a few 
-Yesterday we were walking out of the church and a couple walked out with us. They had just stopped by the church to see where the building was because the wife was a member and the husband not. They told us they were from CHILE and had just moved here. (I thought of my cute little Daddio and felt like I had a piece of him with me). They were so kind and we are going to try and visit them this week and hopefully start teaching the husband who is not a member!


-I talked to a 17 year old girl on the bus. It was so cool because I felt like I was Abby Jones in missionary form. Not missionary in Abby Jones form. I don't know if that makes sense. But our convo was so real and I just bore her my testimony from my heart. She wants to talk with us more about the church. We are seeing her on Wednesday. That showed me the importance of bearing testimony. Sometimes we forget as missionaries and get in the routine of just teaching lessons. But sincere testimony is the most powerful and allows them to feel the spirit. 

-On our way to church early in the morn, 2 girls our age came up to us asking us for directions to the tram. We helped them get to the tram and let them come under our umbrellas because it was pouring rain. It was a miracle because we got to serve people and THEY came to us. 
-A member called us yesterday and told us that their friend that the missionaries did service for a while ago is interested in meeting with us and learning more. 
FOLKS!!! DO WE NOT SEE A PATTERN HERE??? LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE SERVE OTHERS!!! We get to bless the lives of others and our lives are so blessed in return. 

Christine and Soeur Poissonier. Soeur Poissoiner is the first member I met here in Montpeller.

Some random stuff to add
*Soeur Poissoiner is a nut. I love her so much. She is a member here, convert, and served her mission in England. Her hair is a giant blonde puff of curls. She is so full of love. Just hugs everyone, tells everyone how much she loves them, and is hilarious. Literally the biggest hoot. Every time I see her she says, "Yeaaa, give me five Sista!!!" (In English). My first day in Montpellier, we had a rdv with her and our ami Christine. She went to give Christine a kiss on the cheek (bis) after Christine said something good. But when she leaned over to kiss her on the couch, she toppled over Christine and rolled off the side of the couch. Laughing her head of screaming "Ohhh my goshhh!" "What a catastrophy!!!"  I laughed SOOOO hard. I seriously think I will be Soeur Poissoiner when I am older. 

Okay I love you so so so so much. 

Love Abby 


Six Month Celebration with an Eclairel.


Hot Chocolate in Montpellier


Soiree Familiale on Friday night. We played bang the card game.


Bike in wall. There are all over Montpellier


Giant cookie dough ball. Made cookies for some members and amis.


Montpellier. Our chapel is the yellow dot. Dad, I know you wanted to see where I serve in Montpellier.. This is it!!


Angelic...a member who took us to crepes...


This is a toy store in Montpellier called "Pomme de Reinette." It is a 45 year old famous store with little doll house items just like me and my Mom love!!

No comments

Back to Top