Week 28 "Spring is in the Air"


Spring is in the air... I feel it coming and it feels so good!
 The last few days have been so happy. The sunshine is bright.  The little pale pink blossoms peaking out. 
 Saturday we contacted near this long river in Montpellier. It was such a beautiful day. Families were out picnicking next to the river, people walking dogs, couples holding hands, and French ladies riding their bikes. I felt so happy, so happy. I love the spring time. 

During this contacting by the river, we experienced a miracle. We walked up to this Dad with his little girl. We started talking to him about his family and how important the family is. We showed him a picture of the temple and said, have you ever heard of a temple? A temple is a the house of God. This is a sacred place where you can be sealed with your family forever. Is that something you would like to learn more about? He replied simply, yes. And how could it not be? How could anyone NOT want this beautiful message of the gospel. We are going to see him and his family this Thursday. A miracle! As we were walking away I told him how good it was that he was spending time with his little girl. Because before he knows it she will be all grown up like me. How grateful I am that I get to be with my family forever. It is the most precious gift I have on this earth and forever.

The work here is so incredible. I talked to a lady from Madagascar on the bus. She gave me her number and yesterday we had a rdv with she and her daughter. That makes for TWO families we have found this week.
I don't know where it will go and how interested they will be. But still, miracles. That is the first time that we have ever had a follow up rdv with someone I have met on a bus. I talk to people every day on the bus and no one ever wants to see us again. But it happened! It actually happened and that is why you just have to have the faith to keep going, keep doing what the Lord asks of you. Because one day, you will see the results of your faith!

It is hard to be present. It is so easy to wish to be somewhere else. To wish certain people were in your life and others weren't. But happiness comes from living in the present. I decided to start a gratitude journal because it helps me to be present. Every day I will write a little something in it. "Today, the flowers are starting to bloom, I love blossoms!" Or "I am grateful I decided to come on a mission, and that I STILL choose to be on a mission." I have so much to be grateful for. God is so good. So full of love.

Yesterday we went to the family De Barcellos to share a spiritual thought and have a petite goûtée (little snack thing). They are a family from Brazil and they have 2 children. One is married, the other one is Charolette, 17 years old. Just a very kind, solid family in the gospel. Their home smelled wonderful and there was such a good feeling inside. Pictures of Christ on the walls, withered Books of Mormon, and a strong feeling of love in the home. We talked about temples and the importance of the family. The spirit was so strong. The temple truly is the house of God. This gospel is real. Families CAN be together forever. At the end of the night, we all held hands in a circle and prayed before we left. As the Father said the prayer, I had a feeling wash over me like I was in the temple. I felt so much peace and comfort. My mind felt clear and I just felt joy. 
It hit me right then, that we can make our homes holy places. We can make our homes a place for the spirit to dwell. A place of love, peace, kindness, working together. Our homes can be holy places.

Family Manazi from Africa. Recent convert of 9 months


Transfer calls are Friday. I hope I will stay in Montpellier. But
I will go where the Lord needs me. I love being a missionary. I love France. I am grateful I chose to come on a mission. The other day I thought, okay, I know why I chose to come on a mission. But why do I choose to stay? Why am I still here? And it is because I love the Lord. I trust him. I know that this gospel is true. No matter how many people tell me it is not. It is true. I know it for myself. I love the
Lord. I love the Lord. I love the Lord.

Love, Soeur Jones

P.s. For Pday today, we are going to Sète. A village out by the sea of Montpellier. We are going with the other elders in Montpellier too. I won't have a lot of time to email back today. But I am excited for today. I am wearing my sandals, the sun is out and Spring is comin!!!


Sète Photos: (Pday)
 















Other Photos from the week:

Mom, I thought you'd appreciate this cook book. The Member told us that is it the book she would use with her Grandma when she was a little girl. 



French Market


FHE:  Brownies, crepes, and monopoly

Crepes at a members house

No comments

Back to Top