Week 33 "Botox Face"


What is it about everyone loving my botox face I can make? Hahahaha. I can make this face called "botox face" and it literally looks like I got botox. Everyone always begs me to do it here on the mission. At district meetings, missionary reunions, etc. I never thought that the botox face would continue this long in my life. If only Lily Winterton knew how much I have used my botox face, she would laugh so hard. 

On that side note, this week was a week full of courage, faith, and hope. Our ami "C" is ready to be baptized. But she is going through a difficult time in her life.  We have been praying and fasting to know what to do for her situation. We had a rdv with her chez- Soeur Poissonnier. We watched the "courage" video about Esther and all the other woman who decided to have the COURAGE to do something hard. She was so inspired by this message and Esther's courage. When she went home, she got on her knees and prayed. She watched the courage video again and went forward to do the right thing.  I know the Lord works miracles if we show our faith. I know the Lord can soften hearts. We have done all we can. "C" has done all she can. And that is what the Lord asks of us. So we will pray on and continue on. We will follow the LORD'S will and not our own. I am so inspired by "C's" example of faith and courage. There are so many incredible people I have met out here on my mission and "C" is one of them. 

Eating lunch at the family "David's" (an older couple who have been in the ward forever.) Their house was so cute and antique

I have been thinking/ studying a lot about hope this week. I always hear that faith, hope, and charity work together. I know what faith is. I know what charity is. But what is hope? President Uchtdorf describes hope as, "Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence that if we live according to God’s laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future. It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance." (The Infinite Power of Hope, general conference 2008)
I say, oh yeah I have hope. But do I REALLY have hope? Do I have hope that I will have a happy, successful mission? Do I truly hope that one day I will live with God? President Uchtdorf also says, "Is it possible to imagine a more glorious future than the one prepared for us by our Heavenly Father?"  These words have been on my mind all week. Sometimes, we worry about the future. We worry about things we cannot control. But if we are doing what the Lord has asked of us, why worry? Is it possible to imagine a more glorious future than the one prepared for us by our Heavenly Father? No. It is not. He WANTS us to be happy. 

He knows what will make us happiest. We need to trust that he is leading us where we need to go. He is teaching us through hard, out of comfort zone experiences because he knows that is how we will grow and become more like him. I know that if we try to do what the Lord has asked of us, that we don't need to worry about the future. That we can just take one day at a time with confidence that all will work out. We can have peace today knowing that we are in the Lord's hands. It is so much better to put our trust in our father in heaven. He is full of wisdom, experience, and love. 
I think I am really starting to love Montpellier. Yesterday I looked over at Soeur Poissonnier during church and she was just smiling so big with her big, bright blonde, curly hair. She got her nails done a very soft pink because she went to the temple and didn't want them to be too bright. She makes me laugh so hard and I love her. 

I didn't think it was possible to love anyone as much as I love the people in Nice. But I love the people here in Montpellier. My relationships are really different with the people here than they were in Nice. And that is okay. I think it is so easy to compare our current situation with what it used to be. And think what we HAD was better. But I know that I am happiest when I just embrace what is in front of me right now. The people who are with me, right now, today. I love Soeur Poissonnier, Christine, the Calvos, Emilie, the Lassons, the DeBarcelos, and so many others. These people have inspired me through their examples and just who they are. I know one of the reasons I was called on a mission is so that I would be able to meet these people. Not just so I would change their lives, but so they would change MINE. I am grateful Heavenly Father has let these people into my life. 
Gros bisous xxxxx
Love, Soeur Jones 


Soeur Bonnammy made us Ratatouille!!! I am a real French woman!








Aimé made us dinner last night.

Pretty church by the gare

Journée de la femme. 175 anniversaire for relief society. French people know how to eat!!! We had lunch hour, dessert hour, and goûtée hour (snack)



I did a handstand with an appleasauce in my mouth

Botox face

No comments

Back to Top