Week 34 "Zone Conference in Toulouse"


This week we had zone conference in Toulouse. Every French town is different, and beautiful in its own way. That is something I love about France. It was so fun to see other missionaries at conference and to talk with President and Sister Brown. I LOVEEEE SOEURR BROWWNNN. She is so flipping funny. She loves diet coke so of course the missionaries bought her diet coke... 18 to be exact. When they brought her all the diet coke she said, well I didn't need THIS much but accepted it gladly. 

We also had an EASTER EGG HUNT at conference (led by Soeur Brown). While waiting for interviews, me and a bunch of other missionaries sat and talked with Soeur Brown. Soeur Houkin, from Tahiti, decided to tell us a story in English so she could practice speaking in English. Soeur Houkin is hilarious and so crazy. She went on to tell Sister Brown how she visited California when she was 17 and went to a club with her aunt. We DIED laughing. Just the fact that she told the story to the wife of our mission president is hilarious. Oh how I love to laugh. Especially with Soeur Brown.

We talked about hope in conference. Hope is something the world is lacking in. But I realized if I want to help other people have hope, I have to emulate hope myself. I also loved my interview with President Brown. He gives every single interview ALL his energy, ALL his attention, and ALL his love. He is inspired. I realized during my interview with him, that even though I haven't had any baptisms on the
mission, I have had an impact on many lives. And much of the success of my mission, I will not see until later down the road. But I trust God. I know that I am where I am supposed to be in life. I know that I am having a happy, successful mission. Even if it isn't in the way I thought I would have success as a missionary. I know I have had a happy successful mission, because I am becoming what the Lord wants me to become. I am serving his children. 


Soeur Zamori....every time she gives us apple juice and Madeleines. 
She is waving goodbye to us over her ivy hedge. "Au Revoir mon petit chou chou" 

Before the mission I thought that success was only about helping investigators progress and come and be baptized. But now I know that success is so much more than that. Maybe I needed to come on a mission to be a good example to a younger girl back home who is struggling with their testimony. Or maybe I needed to come because there is a lonely member who needs to be visited here in Montpellier. Whatever it is. I know I came because I felt I needed to come on a mission. Because I love the gospel. I love sharing it. With non members AND members. I loved what Elder Holland said in conference about one type of service is not above another. Service is service!

On that note. I loved General Conference. I received personal revelation. We can all receive personal revelation if we listen to what the Holy Ghost is trying to tell us. Conference uplifted and renewed me. I know that President Thomas S Monson is our Prophet on the earth today. I love this church. I love the gospel.

Veronique that I taught a couple lessons to in Nice, just got baptized last week. I love her!


Hey mama bear, Mimi Jones... HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week! (April 5th)!!!!
Mom, I love you so much. I am grateful for your example to me of someone who is positive, speaks kind words, looks for the best in people, is sensitive to the needs of others, and knows what is most important in life. I think back to all the times in my life that my mother has been so very dedicated and patient with me. My mom gets to see me at my very worst times and my very best times. I would not be
who I am today without my patient, angel mother. I love you mom, I hope you have the best birthday. Order an expensive meal and a giant diet coke to treat yourself. Oh and maybe get your nails done and a fabulous massage. I love you!

Love Abby




I bought "Ossau Iraty" at the store today! This is the cheese Mom and Jamison told me to try and I Loved it!!!


Being super french and eating baguette, saucisson, and fromage.

MY TRIO

Watching general conference

Here is a letter that was sent to Abby from a member in Nice. I thought it was so sweet

Dear Sister Jones,
I hope you are enjoying and loving Montpellier. I am sure members are kind with you. I hope you are loving your companions even when sometimes is hard.I am sure you are doing a wonderful job.

So, we went visit Soeur Carbonne with Lilo last wednesday and she, of course, starter talking about you and about this letter you send her couple of weeks ago. She red me the whole letter and told me how much she misses you. My heart was touched when I saw by the end of the letter that you are sending us a "bonjour". Thank you for remembering our family. We miss you badly here. Things are not the same without you. We miss your visits and Lilo would love to play with you. She grows so fast.

But the first reason why I am writting is to thank you for the missionary you are, you truly undesrtand the essence of the gospel and of missionary work: LOVE. I realized that when Soeur Carbonne was telling me that you visited her once a week, and when she was describing me how you would hug her and hold her in your arms. She told me: " I am a member since 60 years and I have known and met tons of missionnaries, but I havent met such a missionary as Sister Jones, so full of love". Be sure that you have done the Lords will here in Nice, you loved and took care of someone  who feels lonely and oldy, at least for that, the Lord  must be proud, not counting how much you have helped me and I guess others members and amies too.
Thank you Sister Jones. Visiting her this wednesday was a blessing to my soul because she is such a treasure but also because I could see in her eyes all the love you have given her.

We miss you and love you and will be praying for you so that the Lord continues to bless you with strenght, courage and Love,

Enjoy general conference,

Love,
Amancay

No comments

Back to Top