Week 55 "Knocking on Doors and Laughing"


PDAY IN LYON 
Video of Soeur Cusick and I in Lyon on Pday: you can only view this on the blog abbyinlyon.blogspot.com 

Soeur Cusick, Soeur Jones, Souer Driggs, Soeur Glazier

Another week as a France Lyon missionary has come and gone. 
Here are 10 things I love about being a missionary......
ready... go!
1. Being able to have time to study and soak in the scriptures
2. Watching people's life change little by little from the gospel
3. Talking with tons of other missionaries at zone conferences and district meeting


video clip viewing available on blog

4. Having an excuse to testify and talk of Christ, wherever I go, whatever I do
5. French cheese-  there are so many different kinds!
6. Meeting new people and finding out how similar I am to people I never would have guessed


7. I have never slept better in my life. After I finish saying my
prayers at the end of the night, I literally just plop/ roll over onto the bed. Half my body still hanging off the bed.. because I am too tired to move the other half. Then I fall asleep.


8. Serving. I forget so many of my personal problems because I have opportunities to serve every day.
9. Singing our mission hymn (les anges dans nos compagnes... angles we have heard on high) at every mission conference
10. Watching people experience the cleansing power of the atonement of Jesus Christ

There are a lot of hard parts about being a missionary, and usually, people only hear about the highlights of the work. But I find I am a lot happier when I try to see the positive. So "viola."


This week we had the new baby bleues stay over at our apartment. They were all very jet lagged, greasy haired, and tired from the long travel to France. It makes me feel old in the mission when new missionaries come in who don't even know their first companion yet. The next day we helped with the bleus conference. We made a salad and set up some fruit. We watched the bleus get their trainers and it was
so awesome. The trainers were just fired up to find out who they were going to train. And the bleus so nervous, some crying (happy tears), as they found out where their first assigned city would be.

Baby bleues staying at our house for their first night in France


We ported (knock on) some doors this week. I love Soeur Cusick as my companion because she always makes kind of blaaa experiences really funny.
Before every door we knocked on she would start singing some weird song or say, "hello mommmm" just before the person answered the door.
Normally when you port houses it is like, oh boy, here we go. But with Soeur Cusick, I was just laughing so hard that when they opened the door we were both just smiling so big trying not to laugh. If you ever need a big dose of humility, go knock on some random doors in France and tell them you have a message about the restored gospel. It felt really good to get rejected and be able to just walk away loving those people still.

View of Lyon from Fourvière

Sadly, we were not able to have a lesson with "S" this week because she (along with many others) are still on vacation. But we are having a lesson with her at Amandine's tonight.  We found out "S" lives in not in our sector. So we will actually be trying to pass her to the missionaries she lives closer to. But, that is okay. I am just so happy she has been introduced to the gospel.

I love you 💕 Have a great week this week. You are all starting school. Have fun getting in that fall season, putting on your sweatshirts, going to Friday night football games, eating molasses cookies, and watching the leaves change colors!

Love Abby



I received a package from my family!!! lucky charms and costco uncooked tortillas, letters etc.. 

No comments

Back to Top