Week 35 "I'm Staying in Montpellier"

Bonjour! So transfer calls happened. I will be staying in Montpellier for another transfer (this will be my 3rd here). Soeur Bonnamy and I will stay together. Soeur Thompson left this morning for Neuchâtel (in Switzerland). I am happy about staying here. I feel like there is more I want to do and I want to become even closer with the members so this is a great opportunity. 
I will not lie, the beginning of Montpellier was rough. My companion and I were super different and learning to work together took a lot of effort on both our parts. But something I have come to better understand- is there is always something you can do better on your part. It is never 100% the other person's fault. I have grown so much these past few months. I have become less reactive when something bugs me. I have learned to let things go that don't matter. I have learned to be more open-minded and try and see where someone is coming from before assuming I am right. I am more patient. I like zucchini more. I have learned that we all express our emotions in different ways. I have learned to be confident with my personality but to let the Lord change my weaknesses. And I have learned that charity always works. No, I am not perfect at any of these things. But I have become a lot better at them. Because I was pushed out of my comfort zone and the Lord loves me enough to give me experiences that will make me grow. 
This week I had very contrasting experiences with wearing our missionary name tag. Our name tag says the name of our church on it. But in big letters that are clear to see, Jesus Christ is written. It always catches people's attention to see someone wearing a name tag with Jesus Christ written in the center. It isn't every day that you see 19 year old girls and boys proudly wearing Christ's name on their clothing. This week, two girls from England were sitting next to me on the tram and I heard them loudly mouthing to each other in English to look at my name tag. I am assuming they thought I didn't speak English. But I did. 
Later this week, a drunk man yelled super loud and ran up to Soeur Thompson and ripped her name tag off her shirt. I yanked it away from his hand. Ha. But THEN.... yesterday when we were walking home, a group of 3 girls stopped us saying, "TJ's?" (Témoigne Jehovah, Jehovah's witnesses). And we almost ignored them but said, "nope, Mormons." They told us how cool it is to see people that wear Christ's name. They told us how much they admired us for being missionaries and preaching about Christ. One of the girls ended up giving us her number and told us she would like to talk more with us. So pretty contrasting experiences. But I know that it is always better to be respected than to be popular. That is something my dad taught me when I was high school and I am practicing the same principle 2 years later. I love wearing Christ's name on my chest. It feels so right to stand for Christ rather than follow the world. 
Visit with the family Roman last night. We played a game with these little girls, Emma and Joanna. It was kind of like duck duck goose with the princess shoe.

Have you seen the new Prince of Peace video the church released for Easter? It is magical. We have been using it in all our lessons. I love the peace Jesus Christ gives us. I know we don't have to wait until after this life to have peace. We can have peace today. Despite how hectic, busy, hard, or depressing our lives may currently feel. We can have peace DURING these trials. I feel a lot of peace when I say sincere prayers and read the scriptures. I know that Jesus Christ can give us peace of mind. I have had things in my life before that I just couldn't quite get peace of mind for. We sometimes try to distract ourselves and avoid repentance because it seems hard and means we will have to change some things and be honest and vulnerable. But I know that when we are honest and let Jesus Christ help us, he fills our live with peace of mind. When we let Jesus Christ in, he fills us with love, help, encouragement, hope, and peace. I know this because I feel this peace in MY life. 
Yesterday in sacrament meeting, our ami "C" gave her testimony. She spoke from her heart. Although she wasn't able to get baptized this transfer, I have seen the miracles faith can work. The biggest miracle to me is how much her testimony has grown this transfer. She is courageous and full of faith. After much prayer and fasting,  it was so rewarding to see her up on the stand bearing her testimony that she knows she has done her best and trusts the Lord will help her get baptized soon. 
Who is getting STOKED about the Paris temple opening this month?!? I AM!!! The members here are practicing a lot for the temple spectacular. Oh I can't wait. These people here in France have been waiting so long for a temple. And it is finally here. I wish I could go to Paris to be there. But I will have to wait until after my mission. I love the temple. I miss it. I love the peace and clarity I feel there. I can't wait to go back with my FAMILY prettttyy soon. :) 

Gros bisous
Abby 
Soeur Poissonier brought me home this pin from the ward temple trip to Swiss. 
Oh, I love her!
Family Wong from Chile
Morgan and her mom, Sour Orsoni. Morgan served her mission in the SLC temple square mission.
Gros bisous

Dèjuner chez family Wong
CHOCOLATE FROM SWISS

No comments

Back to Top