Week 39 "HALF WAY THERE!"


The Calvos practicing being queen and king. They are practicing for the Spectacular for the Paris France Temple..


Singing cantiques with the cutest ever Soeur Zamorie. We are also drinking apple juice and eating Madeleines.


This week I hit my 9 month/half way mark/hump day. It really doesn't feel like I have been out for 9 months. But then again, it feels like I have been on my mission my whole life! I truly feel like a different person than when I began this journey. I am so grateful for the Savoir who has refined me into someone better. My goal for these next 9 months, is to just get lost in my mission. Get lost in this work for my Savior. 
This week we had zone Conference in Montpellier. I love when President and Sister Brown come to visit and talk to us. In conference, Sister Brown talked about the importance of temple marriage and sealing. She told the story of how she and President met. She also showed a video clip from "Princess Bride" because that is President's favorite movie. Hahah she is hilarious. She encouraged us to find our true love and get sealed in the temple ("well... maybe not RIGHT now... but soon!" - Soeur Brown). My interview with President Brown was sooooo needed. I talked to him about some decisions I need to make that have been on my mind since before the mission. I am a person who really likes to have my plans set before me and feel prepared for the future. But right now, I am having to put all my trust in the Lord. My future is in his hands and I am letting him guide me. It is so tough for me. But I know the Savior will lead me along. I have been singing the song "Lead kindly light" in my head and I love the lyrics. 

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene—one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor pray’d that thou
Shouldst lead me on
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.


This is Church yesterday. In the photo: Soeur Jones, Emilie Esmeue (who will leave to serve in the Paris Temple Mission in June). Souer Bonnamy, Charolette DeBarcelos...oh and Benjamin Esmeue.

Yesterday night we went over to the family DeBarcelos (bishops family) to read scriptures with them and have a little goĆ»ter. I love the way I feel every time I go to their home. As I sat there last night reading from the Book of Mormon and discussing the importance of the temple, I felt so at peace. I know the feeling that I feel in that home is love. Love and the holy ghost. I read this quote in the bible dictionary and thought of it during this moment. Under "temple" it says, "Only the home can compare to the temple in sacredness." I know that we can prepare for the temple by first making our own homes a place full of love where the spirit can dwell. 

Chez DeBarcelos

This week we had the opportunity to help our ami Pricilla move apartments. Her mom had also driven in from Spain to help her. But when we went to help, Pricilla was at work so it was just us and her mom. And her mom speaks ONLY Spanish. Soeur Bonnamy speaks a little Spanish and I just said "hola" and "muy bien" and "gracias." Haha it was pretty crazy feeling like I was a bleu day 1 on my mission again... not being able to understand any of a language. It also made me realize how much french I speak and understand! Things are going well with Pricilla. We had a lesson about faith with her and a member from Chile (Genney). It was awesome because they were able to speak to each other in Spanish. 
Funny:
- Every Saturday night, our neighbors in our apartment have a party. Montpellier is a student ville so it is not very surprising. But every Saturday night, I kneel down to say my prayer before bed, and I hear the louddddd music of Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars blasting through the walls. It is kind of funny and unusual to the world, that a 20-year-old girl is saying her prayers and going to bed at 10:30 on a Saturday night. But... that is my life right now! Hah! I still there and try to fall asleep but the music is loud and I can hear teenagers yelling and dancing. Just a little funny moment of my week. 

I cannot wait to talk to you on Sunday mom! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Abby 

Gariguette Fraises. Nothing like French strawberries. So cute and full of flavor. (very different from our Utah grocery stores or warehouse strawberries).


Finally gave in and bought a blender. it was only 20 euros and I have used it every morning this week. now all I need is some vanilla protein and I will be Jason Jones:)


MOVIE NIGHT....no folks, it's not "Mission Impossible" or "The Notebook." It's the pioneer movie legacy and the 80's church film "Together Forever!"

Movie night after planning meeting. We are eating  REESES PUFFS (sent from my family)


I bought this today. SO cuteeeee I am gonna dieee. this place is a fromage platter for cheese. And the other thing is a cute candle.


Found this shirt at a popular teenage store called "pull and bear" here in France today on pday.
Hahahaha......UTAH!"

No comments

Back to Top