Week 41 "Transferred to Ecully"



The Montpellier district transfer 6

Well folks... the news is out. I have been transferred from
Montpellier to Ecully. I will also be an STL in Ecully (sister
training leader) so that will be super fun. Ecully is 20 minutes away from the very center of Lyon. When President called me and told me I would be going Ecully STL my heart leaped I was STOKED. One of the first thoughts I thought when he told me was, "yes! I get the rocket ship shower." 


The Ecully apartment has a shower that looks like a rocket ship and I was stoked for it. I seriously am so excited right now that I am here in Lyon in the center of the action. I am in the same ward as the assistants and President and Soeur Brown so that is basically the funnest thing ever. (Even though President and Soeur Brown obviously will not be there often because they travel). But still. As an STL I will also get the opportunity to go on exchanges with other sisters in the mission every single week.

Okay well I will just tell you a little about today. I got up early
and took the train to Lyon. We went straight to the mission office where there were SO many missionaries. Tons of missionaries are going home this transfer so the office was super packed. I also met my companion, Soeur Margrin, at the office. Soeur Margrin is from Tahiti and probably the kindest person I have ever met.


 When President told me I would be going STL with Soeur Margin, I said, "I dont think I know her." And President said, "oh sister Jones, you are going to love Soeur Margin. I have never met anyone who is full of more love that Sister Margin. And you two together- oh you will just explode with love." I am also excited to be with a companion who speaks French again!

Our new apartment in Ecully. It's sooo nice!



Today we brought my suitcases to our apartment and I was able to unpack a little bit and we did our groceries. Man, Lyon is so exciting and fun but today has been a little overwhelming with so many missionaries everywhere and such a big city. Honestly, I am trying to feel sad about leaving Montpellier. But I am seriously so stoked to be here in Ecully that the sadness and heavy heart of leaving a ville just kind of washed away. I think it is also because I am getting more
in the groove of the mission and more accustomed to change.

I love Montpellier. I am so very grateful for the opportunity I had to serve there. I definitely learned some major lessons with my companions that I needed to learn. Like how to be more patient, less picky, and more charitable. I will miss Christine and Soeur Poissionnier SO MUCH. 



I think Soeur Poissionnier called me about 7 times in the past 3 days to tell me she loved me. When I first told her I was being transferred she just started bawling on the phone and
said, "no no no. I will not let you leave. I need to say a prayer
right now to ask the Lord to help me accept this call because right now, I do not accept it." Oh my little heart was so touched. She told me she had a surprise for me one night and brought it to the church.She gave me a little silver necklace with a heart. To always remember our love for each other.

This weekend was such a beautiful way to end my service in
Montpellier. I was able to attend the Paris temple spectacle and temple dedication (via television). Wow, what an amazing thing to see so many latter-day saint youth participating in the spectacle. I love being able to be a part of this celebration of French culture. The temple dedication was beautiful Sunday. President Eyring presided and Elder Anderson and Bishop Gerold Causée was also there. I felt a lot of peace and hope for the people of France during the dedication.
The family lasson. Soeur Lasson and Aimeline 

This week was full of so much. But I am seriously so full of gratitude right now. When I got to Ecully I just went in my room and prayed to thank God. Because literally, I have had such an incredible mission so far. My challenges have refined me and helped me grow so much. Sometimes it is hard to see in the moment how many blessings the Lord
has given me. 

And it is hard to see the results of doing what is right, following the commandments, and serving the Lord. But now that I look back at my 10 months of service, I see all the blessings the Lord has given me every single day. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am grateful for this opportunity I have to serve in Ecully. I cannot wait to meet the members and amis here. So I can't believe I am about to say this- but I think I finally love the mission. I loved it before. But I realized today, I don't think I want to never leave. I literally will never get a chance like this in my
life. I love the people I have met here. I love France.


Love
Soeur Jones


Rachelle, a member from Tahiti in our ward. I love her, especially when she sings so loud each week!

Erika and Jade

Montpellier University


Cute family who invited us to eat Raclette with them last night.




Finding names on family search with Genney from Chile.

Genney gave this to me ...from Chile! Chile is my Dad's mission BTW.

No comments

Back to Top