Week 44 "I Love Soeur Brown"

This week we had one day where we had so many miracles. We are teaching a part member family. Their  son "M" who is 16 (non member) had so many good questions he asked during the lesson. He is really sincere with his questions. We taught about faith and he asked, "Do I have faith? How do I know if I have faith?" That was a miracle just being able to teach someone who sincerely wanted to know truth for himself. We have another ami, "E". She is the mother of a recent convert, "G". She texted us and said, "hey sisters! I am reading the Book of Mormon right now." That was another miracle. Then on the metro ride home this lady on the tram is just staring STRAIGHT at my plaque. She even leaned forward on her seat to look at my plaque cause I was standing up. In my head I knew I needed to talk to her. But Satan's little voice told me, "no. You don't have time to talk to her. you are getting off at the next metro stop and it is not worth it to start a conversation with her and then end it in 2 seconds." But another little voice of the spirit told me, just open your mouth. I was going back and forth like this but knew I needed to decide quick cause I was about to get off the metro. I decided to open my mouth. And I said, "have you seen the missionaries before?" And pointed to my plaque. She said she hadn't but that she was interested in gospel things and that every morning she listened to gospel tunes on the radio. I ended up giving her our number and inviting her to church. I am glad I listened to the spirit. THE SPIRIT IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Always. After this day of miracles, we were walking home almost to our apartment and I just yell as loud as I can, "I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARYYYYYYY." And then I yelled, "I love the LORDDDDD!" Hahah. It was awesome.


This week we had Zone Conference at Lyon. There were a ton of departing missionaries who bore their testimonies. Each of these missionaries talked about how they had grown on their mission and their love for the Lord. I realized how close I too, have become to my savior on my mission. I love my relationship I have with him. In my interview with President the next day, I asked for a blessing. I feel like in this point in my mission, I just need some counsel directly
from the Lord to tell me what I need to do. I needed the Lord's strength. The Lord's words. And the Lord's love. I knew that even though it was President Brown giving the blessing, the word's were coming directly from the Lord. I have such a testimony of the Priesthood. I know it is real. I experienced it this week. During the blessing I had a confirmation of how much the Lord knows ME. I felt so much strength and love after the blessing.
 
I LOVED talking with Soeur Brown at conference. She is so funny. She brings in all these fresh pain aux chocolats and homemade chocolate chip cookies. And she tells us we need to stuff the cookie IN the pain aux chocolat and squish it together and eat it like that. HAHA.  Soeur Brown and I had a jolly time talking about Utah things that no one else understands unless you are from Utah. She was like, "Do you know where Meires chicken is? My son worked there." "No  way, I worked at the green snow cone truck island flavor!" "No way! I would go there all the time!" "Soeur Brown, I probably served you snow cones! And we didn't even know each other." Hahahahah. We also talked about costco
and other american treasures hahaha.
This ward here in Ecully is really really special. There is an amazing missionary spirit. The members really have a desire to share the gospel with their friends and it is so refreshing. The missionary spirit is contagious! There is the CUTEST recent convert here named "G". She is 16. She was taught by SOEUR HOLMGREN when she served in Ecully! She is so strong and is preparing to go on a mission. On
Sunday, she got off at the metro "george de loup" (30 minutes walking from the church). There were not any buses until later. And she didn't want to be late for church. So she RAN (keep in mind she is by herself) to the church from the metro. In heals and a long dress. I am just like WHAT! I live next to the church in Utah and I am sometimes late to church. Oh man the members are so strong here. I admire them.
A member in Ecully, Soeur "P" was so courageous and gave a Book of Mormon to her neighbor, "L", as a gift. She ran up to us at church and was so excited to tell us what she did. Well Saturday night we passed by "L's" house and she let us in. She was so excited to see us and showed us the Book of Mormon Soeur "P" gave her. We taught her the plan of salvation and she was just agreeing with everything we said.  She told us, "you know, I will not change religions because I love my catholic religion, but I love talking with you sisters! I love hearing what you have to say." I know that little by little she will discover the truth for herself and naturally want to come to enjoy the complete truth of the gospel. The restored gospel!
 
Members are SO vital. I cannot say that enough. I know there are people prepared in your life that are ready to hear the gospel. Maybe it is not through dumping the plan of salvation on them. Or telling them every single thing we believe in 20 seconds. Maybe it is just through being open about what you believe. Maybe it is just through your good example. Or inviting them to your house for dinner to see what it is like to have the gospel in a family. Pray for missionary
opportunities and the Lord will give them to you. I promise you. It feels so good to share this truth, light, and joy with others.

Love,  Abby


 

No comments

Back to Top