Week 62 "Precious People"


I want to start off by saying.... CONGRATS to JAMO and HAYLIE who are getting married this Friday. Holy cow. That is going to be so awesome coming home to a sister in law. I am sad to miss the wedding but know that I am where I am supposed to be right now. So it's okay. 

Sisters at MLC

This week was incredible. Sooo... we didn't really have any amis when I got here. We had one amis and that was it!
Both Soeur del Mundo and I were so determined to find new amis that we just went "ham" this week. There is a big push in the mission right now to "contact everyone." And honestly, that has helped us find new amis.

 The other day we were getting on the train and this cute blonde girl was getting on too. We started talking to her and she ended up wanting to see us again. Her name is "L" and she is from Holland. We went over to her house and taught she and her husband, "M". They got married about a month ago and are so adorable. We talked about the temple with her and told her she could be together with her husband forever by being sealed in the temple. And she said, "Wow, that's great, I want that!"   She is honestly so prepared and just ready for the gospel in her life. And guess what.???.. they came to church on Sunday. Sad news is, they will be passed to the English elders since they will be in the English ward. Good news is, it doesn't matter who teaches them because they will have the gospel in their life and that is amazing! 

Porting (knocking on doors)

Another miracle. I was on the train and I talked to this cute lady named "K" from Peru. She was so kind and agreed to see us again. We met with her Saturday and gave her a tour of the chapel. She is so humble and open. She was really touched when we gave her a Book of Mormon. I love that. It is amazing because her cousin is already a member in the states. But she has never asked him about the church. And I just happened to meet her on the train. We talked about Heavenly Father, who he is and how much he loves her. She told us how good it was to hear that because she had forgotten. We invited her to be baptized the 11th of November and she said yes! It was amazing. We thought she would be passed to the Spanish ward but then when we asked her, she said she would like to be in the French ward cause she is here to learn French. So we get to keep her. Finally! We get to keep an ami we found. These two miracles taught me that we just have to keep being diligent and have faith cause we never know when the Lord will give us miracles. 

The ward gave us chocolate bars on Saturday at the end of "Secret Missionary Night" The ward showed us so much love that night!! Honestly I feel famous in this ward. 

There are so many different cultures and languages and people here in Genève. I also absolutely adore the ward here. They treat us missionaries very well. We had an activity Saturday night called "secret missionary." Everyone watched a slideshow of pictures of us when we little and stuff. And everyone was able to find out a little bit more about us. They found out what we like to do, where we are from and what our family is like. It was crazy because I never talk about myself as a missionary so it was kind of like... oh yeah! I still am a human. I had a life before! Haha. 

Ward repas after fast Sunday

What a precious experience it is for me to be here where my Grandpa Max and Grandma Nancy (Nanny) served. It was so special for me going to church on Sunday. It was fast and testimony meeting and Frère Allenbach got up to the stand after I said the Jones were my grandparents. He talked about how Grandpa Max "Frère Jones" showed him so much love. Everyone keeps telling me that Nanny and Grandpa were the best couple to ever serve in Geneva. 

Volpecceli couple who love Nancy and Max

Two experiences from this week that I wrote down to remember: 
Frère Allenbach- bore his testimony about how much Christ must have loved us to have given his blood. He talked about how grateful he was for "Frère Jones" (Grandpa Max) and how Frère Jones showed him so much love. He explained how much he helped him when he really needed it in his life. He explained how Max and Nancy were the best missionary couple to have ever served here. 

"Brother Allenbach ran up after the meeting and said" Ahh I love your Grandpa so much"

Then came up after and talked to me and had tears in his eyes. He said how grandpa was always pondering and thinking deeply about things. He remembers grandpa sitting in the corner one time just reflecting on how he could be better and help the ward. Frère Allenbach's son came up to me with his baby and said how Nancy and Max were there when he was in the institute and left on his mission. He said they were the "Best teachers" in the institute. 

Allenbachs....the son knew Max and Nancy when they were in charge of the institute. He is now married in the temple and has 2 kids.

Soeur Volpechelli- said how grandpa was always telling funny jokes all the time. And how Nanny is the sweetest person. How she is very "douce" and has a sweet voice. And is cute and small. She said how Nanny gave her 2 dresses or shirts or something to remember her and she still has them....She wore the outfit to church.

Seriously it is a dream being here in Geneva. I know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be right now. I know I needed to be here at the end of the mission too so that I could more fully appreciate and understand the people here. I looked over in church yesterday and Soeur Volpecelli was wearing Nanny's outfit that she had given her. And I seriously felt the presence of Nanny and Grandpa here. I don't think they fully realize the impact they had here. 

Soeur Muller who literally was clinging to me like this because she loves Nanny so much!

People LOVE them and still remember them. They are so special to the people in Gèneva. And that is what I love about French/Suisse people. They are so loyal and once you are friends, you are friends forever. 

Je vous aime! Abby  



MLC in Lyon. I got to see Amandine again!!!



Wow, we are so spoiled in this ward. This is a "feed the missionaries" sign up sheet. The top line says, "be charitable and invite the missionaires" ha ha


My previous companion Soeur Cusick at the MLC

My Companion Soeur Goold from the MTC.

No comments

Back to Top