Week 64 "Raclette"



Raclette with Cornettas. Our bishop is on the left. 

If you don't already know, Suisse is famous for its fondue. But there is also "raclette." We have also been eating raclette every single time we eat at a members house. Which means a LOT of gooey, delicious, melted cheese poured over bread and potatoes and bacon or sausage. OSdkfnadsjvfanodjfh;dskjf !!!!!!
I THINK I AM GOING TO EXLODE. One, because it tastes so good. And two, because my arteries might get clogged and my heart might not work any more due to all the wonderful melted cheese in my body. ITS AWESOME!

This week was actually pretty hard midway through the week. Every single one of our rdvs with our amis got canceled. Soeur del Mundo and I had a little mental breakdown one morning just after studies. Sometimes you just feel like exploding on a mission... so you need to just let it out. 

I told Soeur del Mundo we needed to take a walk. So she grabbed the can on whipped cream in the fridge, we put on our flip-flops and pulled our sweatshirts over our head and took a little walk outside. We talked out our feelings of stress while half laughing and occasionally squirting the whipped cream can into our mouths. We looked like homeless children/ crazy people walking around with our whipped cream and flip- flops. I love that I can do that with Soeur del Mundo. She is super real and honest. That is refreshing.

Saturday we had a pretty cool miracle. We were on the bus going out to eat at our dmp (ward mission leaders) house for lunch. We were about to get off the bus and I saw a woman staring at our name tags. I told her I liked her ring even though we were about to get off the bus. We talked for a second. Then, she ended up getting off the same stop as
us! She was carrying a lot of groceries so we offered to help her carry them. Normally people say no. But she was really happy we asked and let us help her. 

We carried her groceries to her apartment and she asked if we would like to come up. (You don't say no when someone invites you in their house). We went up and talked with her girls. She has three girls and they moved here from Africa a few years ago. They were so sweet and offered us juice and even prayed with us at the end. They are busy this week but told us we can come by in a week again. So that was like the coolest miracle ever. It reminded me of how I just need to trust in the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost just led us along and all we needed to do was act upon the promptings we received to talk to her and help her with her groceries.

Exchange with Soeur Houkin. (Jet d'eau)


We have Zone Conference tomorrow and our interviews today. So I don't have a ton of time to write. But here are the updates on amis. We couldn't see any this week because they were busy or working. But we will hopefully see "K" twice this week.

Soeur Dubrez. She made Nanny a really pretty needle thread picture. 



I have a testimony that Christ wants us to have joy and satan wants us to be miserable. Opposition is real. You will not make it through your life without it. Letting Christ into our lives takes a daily, consistent effort. It is a choice actually. But a really, really good choice. And how do we let Christ in? Fill our lives with things that are good. Fill our lives with things that help us feel the the spirit.


Communicate with Heavenly Father daily. Prayer, music, scriptures. Even now, near the end of my mission, it is easy to let Satan discourage me. He will do everything he can to make me give up, or feel to tired, or fearful. But Christ gives me peace. He is literally my rock. Christ is ready to forgive us, help us, and bless us. If there is one thing that has changed through my mission it is my relationship with my savior. He is real. I love Him. I testify this to people wherever I go. Sometimes people don't listen. Sometimes people
think we are weird. But I want you to know, whoever reads this, that I love Jesus Christ. I know he lives.

Love Soeur Jones





Rosie. Cutest girl! We ate fondue with the Fidagols Friday. They love having missionaries over!


I wanted to wear a wedding dress and this is as close as I got. 


No comments

Back to Top