Week 65 "The Little Things"

Bonjour!

     This week we had Zone Conference. Soeur del Mundo and I presented and the subject we chose was "joy." A lot of missionaries forget that they are supposed to have joy. And there are a lot of young missionaries in our zone so we felt like we needed to remind everyone. Literally all the sisters were in tears as we presented because they are sometimes so hard on themselves. They compare themselves. Missions are hard. But there are so many reasons to have joy. Not just seeing people come unto Christ. But the pain aux chocolates, the flowers, being with other missionaries, eating raclette!

      I loved my interview with President Brown. I asked him what advice he would give me for these last 2 transfers. He sat there for a while thinking. Then he looked and me and said, "Let it sneak up on you." As in, let the end sneak up on you. Because you are so in the present, you don't even see the end coming. Then he said, "Savor every day. The desserts. When you walk down the street... soak in all the flowers around you. The members who are filled with the Holy Ghost. Every time you get to speak in French. Go outside, and seize the day. Every day."
       

       I loved this advice. President Brown and I are really similar in that aspect. We love and admire and appreciate all the little beautiful things in life. Sister Brown said sometimes the president will sometimes just stare at the sky and say, wow, isn't the sky just so beautiful. Haha. Just like me! So it is really nice having a mission President and his wife that I really relate to.

        This week we were able to see "K" twice! What a blessing. She is so sincere with her questions and is just so sweet. She had been reading in the Book of Mormon but hasn't come to church yet.  I'm really praying she comes to church this week. "L" also wanted to see us again. Even though we passed her to the English elders. We went and got hot chocolate. She is doing so well and has read a ton in the Book of Mormon. Her baptismal date is set for the 2nd of December. Can you believe it? We only met her on the train a month ago. And now she will be baptized. Even though the English Elders get to teach her, I am just happy that I got to be some part of the process for her. Whatever part God needs me to do, I'll do it.

        For pday this week, we went to a Chinese restaurant and then to the parc with the other sisters and elders. One reason I love the mission, is any free time we have, we just really make the most of it.

 We were hitting pine cones with a stick and just throwing around a soccer ball at the park and it was so fun. I am content with where I am in the mission right now, and in life.  I know the future will come before I know it. So I am content where I am.

      This week I had a pretty... annoying hard... moment. I have been praying to have more charity and practice charity this week. So I was on the train. And I told God, okay... I'm going to talk to whoever you need me to talk to right now. I'm going to just open my mouth and do it. So I sat across from this lady. I told her I liked her scarf and she said very loudly back, " J'AI PAS ENVIE DE PARLER AVEC VOUS." (I do not want to talk to you.)   
 I just told her that, oh sorry, I just like your scarf. And then I sat there just silent for a few minutes praying asking for charity. Then I turned to her again and I said, are you from Suisse? And she just started yelling at me. That she didn't want to talk to me. It was the my stop for the train so I said have a good day and I left. I felt so heavy and down after. But I felt Heavenly Father telling me, you did everything I asked you to do. It doesn't matter what her response was. So I prayed for that woman. To feel loved in her life. Love from others and love from God. I learned from this experience that God gives us what we need to grow. He gave me a chance to try and love someone even when it was hard.

Raclette at Fidagol's home. Rosie's daughter trying on my hair




 I hope you have a great week and spooky Halloween!!!! 👻
 I LOVE you!



 LOVE Abby

 

This was my mission announcement photo! "The Change" LOLOLOLOLO

The Wooley's came to visit some family in Switzerland. 
They are my neighbors from SLC

"CHRISTMAS CARD"



We finally found breakfast food. They don't serve scrambled eggs in France. It's usually hard boiled and not always for breakfast.

1 comment

  1. Dear Sister Jones,
    Sophia (who met you at the Trunk or Treat event in Geneva) would very much like to see you before you leave. Please let us know if that is at all a possibility for you?
    mitchellvanessa@gmail.com (I will be working with the refugee children until 2PM tomorrow, but then we are home)
    If we do not get to see you we wish you a wonderful journey home, but we would love to have both you and Sister del Mundo over for dinner (or brunch) on a Saturday if you are available.
    Best wishes for this difficult post and may you meet friendlier people than the bus ride above,
    The Jones Family

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top