Week 67 "Old Ladies are the Cutest!"

I love being in Genève with Soeur Wilson!

Soeur Wilson is from Bakersfield California. She has curly hair. She likes to paint. She is a little angel that makes me dinner. SHE LIKES TO CLEAN. And fold towels like me. She was trained by my MTC companion, Soeur Goold. She is on her 9th transfer. She has really long pretty eyelashes. She is really patient and positive.

One of my favorite things to do as a missionary is visit widows in the ward. Old ladies are so cute and I just have so much compassion for them. They are so lonely and need someone to talk to. They are filled with wisdom and life experiences to share! They love their family and love to talk about them. This week we visited Soeur "G", an old widow in the ward. We read some of the Book of Mormon with her and sang hymns. Her daughter was there. She listened to the spiritual thought and was touched by the scriptures we read about Christ having compassion on the children. You could just tell she had so much love for Christ and still loves him so much. But she hasn't come to church in years because of members that offended her. That makes me sad because she has such a love for Christ but doesn't want to come back to church. 
It reminds me that we are imperfect humans. And as members, we will never be perfect members of the church. So we just need to forgive and know that even members of the church make mistakes. Because the reason we go to church is to strengthen our relationship with Christ and serve others at church! We also took Soeur "G" on a walk around her neighborhood after. We stopped by her friend "J's" house and took the two old ladies for a walk. I felt so much pure joy during that walk. Widows really need someone to listen to and love them.

Soeur Bonnamy is the new sister in the English Ward


A member named "J" did one of the most inspiring things I have ever seen on my mission this week. We went over to "J's" house to eat lunch and share a spiritual thought with her. Her family situation is difficult right now so we shared decided to share the "courage" video about Esther with her. Midway through the video she says, " Pause the video." And we were super confused. But then she says, "I need my friend to watch this video. She really needs this." And right then and there, she calls up her friend (who is her next door neighbor) and invites her over. Her friend "G" is going through some really hard trials right now because she found out she had cancer a couple years ago. As "G" sat down, "J" explained to her that this is something she has wanted to talk to her about for a very long time. She sat there with tears in her eyes telling "G" how much she loved her and how she wants to share the thing that is the most precious to her, the gospel. We started the video over. At the end, both were in tears and he spirit was so strong. I admire "J" so much. A- for having so much faith to invite her friend over. B- for acting on the prompting of the spirit the second it told her to invite her friend. THAT takes courage. Wow. It was so so inspiring to me.

Elise got baptized! She is the Elders Ami


This week was hard. Every single RDV with our amis got canceled. I felt discouraged. I felt like giving up. Sometimes, we give so much effort. We expect our efforts to have a certain result. And when they don't, it takes a lot of faith to keep going. To keep trusting that one day, we will see the results of our efforts. I had one night where I just felt so low. Like I was in a hole. And as I prayed to my Heavenly Father that night, I felt like Christ was the only thing that could give me light. The only one who could lift me up out of that deep hole. I thought of Christ during my prayer and he just gave me this feeling of hope. The next morning, I woke up feeling at peace. It was Sunday. And I just felt this feeling of a fresh start. Like a clean slate. I felt pure joy taking the sacrament and just an overwhelming feeling of love from my savior.
I also learned that most often, Heavenly Father answers our prayers through other people. Soeur Fidalgo was an answer to my prayer. On Sunday she got up and bore her testimony about how much it helps her family to have the missionaries come over. She explained how every Friday night she has the missionaries come over and eat and share a spiritual thought. And how it is always exactly what she needs to hear. That just meant so much to me because it helped me see that we are affecting so many people's lives that I don't even know. It is a miracle to be the answer to someone else's prayer.

I love this month of November. I have been trying to be more grateful this month and I am just so much happier when I remember all my blessings. I love this video: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2017-02-6300-principles-of-peace-gratitude-princeofpeace?lang=eng

Love Abby


Christine was baptised! She was our ami from Montpellier with Soeur Poissinnier.
Right after she was baptized, she requested to FaceTime in with all the old missionaries who taught her. 

Soeur Poissinnier from Montpellier was facetiming with us. 





RAIN

Drinking Hot chocolate in the cutest vintage café






Friends from Nice. Fileberton and Christinne!


No comments

Back to Top