Week 66 "No One is Ever Poor by Giving"


Another transfer down. And a new transfer begins! I will be staying in Geneva! I will be receiving Soeur Wilson. Soeur Goold trained Soeur Wilson last year so this will be crazy being comps with Soeur Goold's Bleue! I am currently just waiting at the gare right now for Soeur Wilson to get in. I don't know a ton about Soeur Wilson other than her
hair is so cute and curly. And she is a great person and missionary!

This week we saw our ami "K". It was sooooo cool. She has a cousin who is a member in Texas. We were able to skype he and his little boys into the lesson. She hadn't talked to her cousin in 10 years and we were able to get in contact with him and tell him his cousin was being taught by the missionaries. So it was so cool for her to see him and they talked in Spanish together. He testified about how the gospel has blessed his family. The little boys even told how they
know the Book of Mormon is true. It really was a testimony to me that the most important missionary work we will ever do is the work within our own family.



We also saw "F" after a lonnggg time this week. She says that since she met with us, she has had a better relationship with God, has been teaching her boys to pray, and even found a job! I  looking forward to seeing her again this week.


This week I had a monumental moment. I have a goal to be more selfless. It is sooooo completely human to be selfish. To not want to share. To think "it's mine." To think of what would be best for us first rather than best for others. It's natural. It's human. But I want to be better about it. So last night about 6 other missionaries stayed at our house. No one had eaten. And the food is so expensive here in Suisse. So me being human, didn't want everyone to eat our food. But then I remembered my goal. And I saw my peanut butter in the corner....peanut butter that you never find in Europe. 

I thought and then made a decision. I told everyone they could eat my peanut butter and any food in the house they wanted. Hahaha. I know this sounds silly. But for me it was a step just a little closer to becoming more Christlike. I shared my peanut butter!

I am inspired by my Dad. He is so giving and never stingy. I am trying to be more like him. He shared with me a quote that says, "No one ever became poor by giving." So I challenge you- whoever is reading this- to give something this week. Whether it is your time, listening to someone even when you are tired, playing with your little sister when
you don't want to, letting your mom borrow your favorite shirt, giving your best friend the bigger half when you split the dessert.... just give something! You will walk away feeling like you have more! I love this season of thanksgiving. Super hard to believe I only have 12 more weeks of the mission. I'm just going to let the end sneak up on me.

Love,

Abby

Halloween

 

Winter is coming in Geneva



No comments

Back to Top