Week 69 "Lasagna"


Beautiful miracles are happening with members and missionaries working together. 
So like I said last week, the Volpicelli family prayed for a missionary opportunity and received one. On Monday night, we were able to do a FHE with the Volpicellis and their friends, the "P" family from Italy. The Dad loves to cook and made the most incredible lasagna I have ever eaten. The mom is from Bolivia and actually knew the missionaries when she was younger! She read some of the Book of Mormon but then lost contact with the missionaries. The daughters name is "C". She is 9 years old and has so much faith. When "C" came to the FHE the other night, she was holding the Book of Mormon in her hands with a bright yellow homemade bookmark to mark her page. She has read 3 pages of the Book of Mormon and had brought it to school with her that day! When we invited the family to be baptized, "C" thought for a second, looked right up at us and said, oui. I am seriously so inspired by the faith of this 9-year-old girl. It is such a special experience teaching this family. Especially because the Volpicellis get to be apart of it and feel of the joy of missionary work. We are teaching the "P" family again tonight at their house! 
Second huge miracle. "L" BROUGHT his friend "A" to church yesterday with him. She is also from Italy. They both stayed all 3 hours at church yesterday PLUS the baptism after church. "A" is super open to learning more and kept saying "see you next week!" to members at church. She will be joining our lesson tonight as well with the "P" family. 
It is crazy because I didn't do anything special to have this family meet the church. God has been preparing them their whole life. And, it is the member who brought this family to church. We never know when miracles will happen. Sometimes I work hard on my mission to find new amis, and I want the results right away. But I have learned that we just need to keep being diligent with following the spirit and in God's timing, we will receive the blessings. When everything in our life seems to be falling apart, we just need to keep pushing forward. One step at a time. Because God will not leave us. We must advance forward and keep trusting in him and his perfect plan. Easier said than done. I'm still working on this. But I'm trying. And I'm learning. 
Wednesday we went to Lyon for a Thanksgiving with President Johnson. 
From the conference, I learned the mission is only the beginning of hard experiences. My life will not suddenly snap into easy mode after I finish my mission. Trials and huffing and puffing are a part of life. It is how we grow. I also loved something President Brown said in MLC. He said, "relax, and listen." He was talking about when we teach or talk to people. How we just need to relax and sincerely listen to what they are saying. The spirit will guide us. The spirit will touch the people. 
I was also able to see my BFFS, Sœur Cusick and Sœur Goold at Conference. Sœur Cusick literally waited by the door for an hour for me to arrive and then cried when she saw me. Hahahaha. I love her so much. 

Love 
Abby












No comments

Back to Top