Week 70 "Marshmallow World"




I love Geneva. Switzerland is really special. I love the class. I love the cows. But most of all I love the members here!

Thanksgiving Dinner (Last Week)



"I am grateful for my family"




This week we were able to have another FHE with the "V" and the "P" family. "A" came as well! "L" made pasta this time. We were able to talk more about the Book of Mormon and how it can strengthen their family. The bishop invited us and "L" to his house this week to eat with them. He also came to church yesterday and was serving everyone hot chocolate at the ward activity after haha. It is awesome how well the ward is already just embracing them. "L" and his daughter "C" have been reading in the children’s Book of Mormon together. 

Our lesson with "A" went SO WELL this week. She is really humble and ready to change. Some amis that we teach aren’t actually willing to apply the things we teach. "A" asked such sincere questions, like “what is your advice for me to better follow the commandment? Where should I start?” We told her to start where she is. Start with something simple like praying every day. She as well has come to church these past 2 weeks. Sadly, we will be passing her over to the
English sisters because she will understand church better in the English ward. But oh well because we are all on the same team, doing the same work for the lord.

Video : Abby Making cookies in Geneva for  "Light the World"
see it on abbyinlyon.blogspot.com

It SNOWED this week in Geneva. I was doing the dishes one night before bed and looked out the widow to see fat snow flakes falling in the light of the street lamp. It was so magical. Sadly the snow only stayed for a couple hours. But still. What a little gift from god.

Best moment of the week: Everyone in the apartment was feeling kind of down. It was a bit gloomy in our cave like apartment. So Soeur Wilson got her speaker and started blasting her favorite Christmas song “Marshmallow World.” Then we went in the Spanish Sœurs room and we formed a train and started dancing. We were all copying the leader in the front dance moves as we danced around the entire apartment. We were all laughing so hard after. Soeur Jimenez makes me laugh so hard. She tries to be Beyoncé all the time and will just like drop randomly and I love her. I am grateful for young sisters in the mission who have so much life in them still. They keep us old grandma missionaries laughing.

I think it is starting to hit me that I am going home soon. I have moments where I have fear for the future. So many people keep telling me that life is tough after the mission. And that scares me. Because I feel like I have grown so close to the Savior and just learned to turn outward on my mission and I’m scared that I will just turn into a piece of poo when I go home. But I know those thoughts come from
Satan. In all reality, life will never be easy. Even after the
mission. But after I had this little moment this week, I prayed and read in the Book of Mormon and was able to feel at peace. I felt the Lord tell me “look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not.” I know that as I continue to put my trust in the Lord after my mission, I have nothing to fear.  Not even the future.


Love Soeur Jones






A member made this advent calendar for us 


Danielle from the Spanish ward who loves my Grandma Nancy. She said how institute always smelled like cookies!


My breakfast

Laudrée (a favorite store that sells Macaroons and lots of cute French things).

No comments

Back to Top