Week 72 "The Best Christmas Gift Ever"


So transfer calls went a little something like this:

“Soeur Jones we’ll start with you. You sure love those people in Geneva don’t you. You have some amis that are ready to be baptized in these next couple of weeks.”
(Me nodding my head over the phone.)
 “Soeur Jones. Do you know how much the Lord loves you?”
“A lot”
“Oh Soeur Jones. You don't even know half of it. You are going to be staying in Geneva for your last transfer, with Soeur Wilson. You will be trading apartments with the Geneva English sisters and living in France so that you can continue serving in Geneva.”
I didn’t even have words to say back to President Brown. I just sat there and cried with tears of joy.

That is literally the LAST thing I thought would happen. I knew I would leave Geneva since it my 3 months of being legal were up. But President found a way to make it work. THE LORD found a way to make it work. This is truly, the best Christmas present I could ever ask for. I love these people here in Geneva with all my heart. I was not ready
to leave them.

When I first began my mission, I decided I would leave my mission a transfer early to start school in January. Several months ago, I decided I needed to pray and fast about the decision because I wasn’t feeling so good about it. It really scared me to think of waiting 7 months to start school. I told myself it was just better to go home a transfer early. But after praying and fasting and talking with President Brown, I decided I would stay until the end of my mission. It was a decision that took a big leap of faith. But I felt good about
it. I knew this last transfer on the mission would be really special because the Lord had told me to stay for it. I always thought it would be because he really needed me here until the end, or that I would train a bleue who really needed me. 


And now I see that it wasn’t because of that. It was simply a gift from a loving Heavenly Father. To LET me stay an extra transfer in Geneva. With these people who I loved even before I got here. It is truly the most special gift I could ever ask for.

This week we were not able to see "L" and "C" because they have been sick ALL WEEK! But we are not giving up! We will see them as soon as they are better. On the bright side, "N", that guy we gave a chapel tour to last week, came to the ward Christmas party AND church yesterday! As I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting, I looked out and saw "N" sitting in the very back. Wow! What a great miracle.

The nativity done by the Primary


I am going to miss living with the spanish Sœurs. They make me laugh so hard. This week we had a dance party at night in our apartment with them. Oh they are crazy.

Today we moved into the English Soeurs apartment (16 avenue voltaire, Apt 2, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire, France). It is refreshing having a change. The apartment is... well a missionary apartment. But small and charming. And it is on the 4th floor. We have a perfect view of Mont Blanc.

I don’t really have words for the joy I feel. As I begin this last
transfer, I feel nothing but gratitude. Grateful to be a missionary. Grateful to STILL be in Geneva. I spent this week saying bye to so many people I love, only to see them again Sunday and tell them I am staying! It was the absolute best.

Ps. I will skype at 5:00pm my time, 9:00am your time. :))))))) Talk to you soon!!! 


Love,
Abby

This list goes around the relief society every week to feed us. Look how many people signed up this week! I'm going to get so fat. YAY!!!

Soer Tchumi



Eating some Japanese candy that Soeur Oritz's sister sent her


My umbrella broke. It was literally just a metal stick with some fabric. Everyone who passed me just started laughing. My comp kept telling me to just throw it away, but I loved that people kept laughing. I love making people smile.


Soeur Gillet. A widow in the ward that I LOVE!!

No comments

Back to Top