Week 73 "Happy New Year 2018"


Abby Skyping on Christmas Day &  video (on abbyinlyon.blogspot.com) 

Christmas in Geneva was something special. We spent it with the Muellers. We ate cheesy raclette and laughed a lot. I also loved Skyping my cute family on Christmas day. Every time I see you guys I remember how much I love you and how lucky I am to have you as my family.

Abby Skyping Jamison and Haylie in Provo


We have been able to see "L" and "C" a couple times these past couple weeks. It is beautiful to watch them change little by little, day by day. We taught them the plan of salvation by playing a board game soeur Wilson made. "C" is so spiritually mature for a 9 year old. Or maybe that’s just how children are. When we taught about the
life after this life... "C" asked, “What about my friend in my
class. She believes in Jesus but she doesn’t ever talk
about him. What will happen to her?” 



Their family situation isn’t the easiest right now. But the gospel has really helped "L" to have perspective and to push forward. 

Also yesterday we went over to "L's" house. As we were sitting there, I noticed a portrait of Christ hanging up on their fridge. It is one done by an LDS artist so I assumed he must have grabbed it from the church a couple weeks ago.
When we asked him about it, he said, “Oh yeah, I found that picture 15 years ago and decided to put it on my fridge.” Wow. It reminded me that God prepares people along the way. It is really amazing to be a part of this process of teaching "L" and "C". But we seriously couldn’t do it without Frere "V" (the member friend who referred him.) He knows "L" way better than we do. He is able to talk to "L" at 3:00 in the morning when we calls and needs help. He is able to counsel him on personal problems. He is the lifelong friend
that will be there for him after we leave. Frere "V" has been such a great example to me of serving others and sharing the gospel with our friends because we love them. I hope I can be like him when I get home from my mission.

This week we had MLC (missionary leadership council) in Lyon. I was reminded how grateful I am to have President and Soeur Brown and my mission parents. While they have taught me a lot through what they have said, the most I have learned from them comes from their example.
Their love and concern for one another. Their desire to do what the Lord asks of them. The time they take for each missionary to feel loved. I also had to say goodbye to some dear friends at MLC. Like Soeur Cusick. I’ll see her again in another 3 months when she comes home from the mission. But I’ll miss that little nut in the mean time.

This is the last time I'll see Soeur Cusick before she comes home.


This week we were also able to watch BEAUTY AND THE BEAST at the Fidalgos house as a Christmas present from president. I just have to say that it was amazing. I liked all the little French words that were thrown in there.

Some of my best friends



I’m doing well. I don’t really know how I’m supposed to feel at this point. It is weird being at the end of the mission. I’m trying to soak every day up. The mountains, the chocolate, the people, the French, testifying of Jesus Christ. But it takes a consistent effort. I don’t really know what my life holds in these next few weeks or months. All I know is that I trust Heavenly Father. And I will continue to put my trust in him after the mission. Continue to let him lead me along. 
(Abby's apartment in France: view @ abbyinlyon.blogspot.com)

I’m grateful for general conference talks. I’m grateful for apostles and prophets.  When they speak, I feel good and uplifted. I read a couple talks this week and just felt so much peace!

Love Soeur Jones



Trying to get rid of the bags under our eyes with Soeur Wilson


Soeur Lewis. Willy's friend! She just got to the mission. 

2 comments

  1. Happy New Year 2019
    Day, likewise called totally New year‘s or New a year, is found on January 1, the principal day of the year at the cutting edge Gregorian timetable and in addition the Julian schedule.

    In pre-Christian Rome underneath the Julian logbook, the day changed into focused on Janus, divine force of portals and beginnings, for whom January is similarly named. As a date in the Gregorian timetable of Christendom, New Year’s Day ritualistically denoted the dinner of the Naming and Circumcision of Jesus, which keeps on being seen all things considered in the Anglican Church and Lutheran Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are congratulating Happy New Year 2020 on our piece of content. And now we will tell you what exactly is a new year. It is always the start of a new year.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top