Week 75 "Am I serving in Switzerland or Italy?"


This week was so happy!

We were able to see "L" and "C" (from Italy) three times this week. Once at their home with "D" also present and another we taught "L" about tithing with the bishop at the church and another time the Bonny family invited us, "L", and "C" over to eat on Saturday. Soeur Wilson and I walked downstairs at the chapel and found "L" in the chapel kitchen surrounded by pizzas! He told us he was making pizza for 200 people for the Stake party that night. He had GARBAGE BAGS exploding with pizza dough.

 
At one point, all the Italians gathered in the kitchen together and were just yelling and singing... it's just how they communicate with each other. Pizza dough and sauce was flying everywhere and "L" just kept wiping the sweat off his face. He was totally in his element haha. Well probably the best news of this week is we refixed "L"s baptismal date for the 27th of January. And he is really serious about preparing for it. His baptismal interview is this week. "C" is still waiting for an answer to her prayer to know when she should be baptized.

Another amazing moment this week was when "L" showed up at church bright and early at 8:45am. Frere Volpicelli explained to "L" that it might be good if we wore a suit and tie next time. And "L" said, “Oh, I didn’t know I was allowed to. I thought it was only if you were a priest.” We taught him during Sunday school with the Volpicelli couple and the bishop. We taught about tithing and "L" really accepted it. Right after the lesson, he asked if he could pay his tithing right then. We explained that he didn’t need to until after his baptism. But what a good example to me of obedience and
faithfulness.

Another happy moment was when we rode to a lesson on the tram and I sat next to "C". She told me she had some questions about how our bodies will be perfect after that life. We turned to the Book of Mormon to look for the answers. She sat next to me on the tram, reading out loud in the Book of Mormon. It was so cute. She amazes me.

An amazing miracle happened this week. Erika (Giulliana's Mom) from Ecully got baptized on Saturday. I am so proud of her!!!

I am grateful for the challenges the Lord has given me. I am grateful for those moments like last week when I felt really low. They make me so much more reliant on the Lord. When I think, oh wait, I really CAN’T do this all on my own. I need the Savior. I need his strength, his peace, his help.
 I am so grateful for our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson who passed away last week. I have kept a quote up on my desk my entire mission from him about “finding joy in the journey.” It has been a really big moto for me on my mission to just be present and enjoy today rather than wishing for better days ahead. I have a sure testimony that the apostles and prophets and leaders of the church are called of God. Yes, they have their imperfections (thank goodness).
But they are called of God and they lead and guide this church. As I have applied their words of advice and let the Holy Ghost teach me what I need to learn, I have been less stressed. I have been able to better see my worth in the sight of god. I have felt more personally of gods love for me. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. These things are
REAL. These are things that last.

Love Soeur Jones



She ran up to me and said "I love your Grandparents!"

Dead after 4 days of traveling and exchanges.


Neuchâtel

On exchange with Soeur Ogunleye in Lausanne




No comments

Back to Top