Week 76 "THE FINISH LINE!"


Well. Here it is. My last email on the mission. It is hard for me to describe what I have felt these past few days as I prepare to go home. My heart is full. My heart is overflowing. With love for these people I have met along the way as well as all those people who have sustained me, encouraged me, and inspired me back home.

Last Wednesday Zone Conference giving my farewell in Geneva. 


Last night I knelt in prayer and no words could come out. I sat there in silence. And all I could feel was gratitude. Gratitude to my father in heaven for giving me these 18 months of my mission. I have never felt so vulnerable, so humble, so discouraged. I have never felt the spirit so strong, been so at peace, felt so much joy. I am grateful to my Savior and friend Jesus Christ who has let me go through those low
moments on the mission in order for me to grow. I am grateful he has never left my side. He has stood by me to comfort and lift me when I told him I was ready to give up. I have never felt closer to my savior and Heavenly Father than I do now. And because of that. I know that the mission is not the end.  The Savior has stayed my side these past 18 months and I know he will stay by my side as I go home.

Cathedral Saint Pierre

This week went a lot different than planned. "L" didn’t show up to his baptismal interview due to family complications back home. While it was a hard reality to accept that I will not be there for his baptism, I felt at peace. I am grateful I got to play a small part in teaching him the gospel. I am proud of "L" and "C". It has amazed me to watch how they have become more reliant on the Savior and made him apart of their lives. I love them.

Card I made for "C" with all my  stickers.



I love the people here in France and Switzerland. I love trying to pick only one chocolate bar from the long isles of chocolate. I love the smell of fresh baguettes as you walk past a Boulangerie. I love the gloomy gray sky and rain. I love singing the Cantiques in French on Sunday.  I love greeting the members Sunday and doing the bise over again. I love giving away "Le Livre de Mormon". I love hearing the bells chimes from 20 different cathedrals at 12:00pm. I love when people say classic French phrases like, “Ooh la la” and “C’est la vie.” I love the train rides. I love President and Sister Brown.

So as another chapter closes, a new one opens. I am excited to apply all the lessons I have learned to my new life. To continue to share the gospel with those around me. I feel at peace and excited for what God has planned for me next. Forward with faith.

I DID IT!!! I DIDDDD ITTTT!!! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

See you soon! Á bientôt!

Love, Sœur Jones

View of Lake Geneva Today (Pday)


OLY TITANS. Hoggan Blackam from my Highschool back home.

abbyinlyon.blogspot.com (to view this video)

Last Wednesday at zone conference we went to the manor for breakfast with the whole district, we went to the top of saint Pierre's cathedral while it was so windy and listened to the beauty and the beast soundrack in French, I bought macaroons for Elder Johnson, Elder Blackham and Soeur Wilson and at Ladurées, and then we came to the chapel and a Tahatian elder made the whole district burritos. Then everyone went around in a circle and told of what they remember the first time they met us (two going home)  It was an awesome way to finish my mission! 

Our district made us sit up on this stand today (since we are going home together). We sat here while they told us what they loved about us. 

2 comments

  1. T5RX After associated with work out routines are you having trouble gaining the muscle mass an individual want Issue isnt supplements alone individuals skills works is Compound Cluster Cycle that utilize anabolic effect. Great product or service If you never have experimented with it you need. http://www.strongtesterone.com/t5rx/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top